PowerScout 24 Multi-Circuit Power Submeter
Maximum Flexibility for High-Density Monitoring
The PowerScout 24 is a versatile, multi-channel instrument. The modular design allows it to be configured for monitoring multiple electrical circuits (sharing a common voltage source) or for current-only monitoring of branch circuits. It can be supplied with virtually any combination of DENT’s internally-shunted split-core or RoCoil CTs. Monitor any combination of up to 8 three-phase or 24 single-phase electrical devices with the PowerScout 24.
With data updates every 1 second and ANSI C12.20- 2010 Class 0.5 revenue grade accuracy (depending on CT), the PowerScout 24 is well-suited for data center monitoring, tenant sub-metering, and for accountability metering in commercial, retail, and industrial facilities.
Communications: Industry-Standard Modbus or BACnet
Similar to the PowerScout 3037, the PowerScout 24 allows for communication over either BACnet or Modbus protocol via a serial or Ethernet connection. Ethernet communications are via either BACnet IP or Modbus TCP. Modbus registers and BACnet objects remain the same between Ethernet and Serial PowerScout 24 meters.
The PowerScout series instruments are line powered and do not require external power. Its power supply can accommodate service voltages ranging from 80- 600V (phase-to-phase). DENT’s patented PhaseChek™ circuitry includes a 3 LED indicator display that confirms proper CT-to-phase installation.
There are four models to choose from: Serial or Ethernet communications, With or Without an enclosure.
Parts: PS24-N-S, PS24-D-S, PS24-N-E, PS24-D-E
- Available as a bare circuit board or with a convenient rugged enclosure
- Mix-and-match a full range of Split-Core or RoCoil™ Rogowski-style current transformers
- USB Port for Quick & Easy Setup: Simply connect the PS24 to a PC, then use ViewPoint software to configure CT type, communication protocol, and other parameters.
- Choose between Serial or Ethernet interface
- Over 50 measured parameters for energy measurement, monitoring and diagnostics. Monitors voltage, current, power, energy, and many other electrical parameters on single and three-phase systems.
- 24 channels for multi-circuit monitoring
- Standard Pulse Output: 8 digital outputs, one per meter element. Use to send kWh and other pulses to a pulse counting device, such as a data logger
- Standard Pulse Input: 2 digital input ports which are used to count, accumulate, and scale pulses recieved from non-DENT pulse meters such as gas, water, or other electrical meters
- Standard Power Out: 5VDC, 200mA power out to power other devices such as a radio or gateway device
- Single or 3-phase energy and power meter for submetering applications
- Patented PhaseChek™ LED indicators ensure correct CT orientation during installation
- Line-Powered; 60-600V Phase-Phase Power Supply (Use on 120/240V, 208/120V, 480/277V, or 580/335V, 380/220 volt services; 50 or 60 Hz
- Equipped with industry-standard Modbus and BACnet Communications
- Data updates occur every 1 second
- ViewPoint Setup Utility included with meter
- UL Recognized: Bare circuit board
- UL Listed: Circuit board in an enclosure
- CE Mark
Let us help. Give us Your Power Measurement Challenge.
Do you need help choosing the right equipment for your project? Or maybe you need technical help on a DENT product you already own? Share details below and we will be in touch within one business day. Remember that product manuals and specifications can also be found in our Technical Library.